In progress...
Well it has been a week since my last blog entry and I have nothing to report in terms of goals crossed off my list... however, I do have a few that are "in progress" and will probably be in that status for a while:
#17 - Read at least 50 books
So far I have read one book, "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman - the same author who wrote "Coraline" and "Stardust". It was a strange and quirky book about a shadowy world underneath the city of London called London Below... I definitely recommend it if you are looking for something dark and different :) I am now onto book number two - "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown, another book featuring the intellectual, tweed wearing Robert Langdon (who I still believe should have been portrayed by a better looking actor than Tom Hanks with long hair... ew). This goal is also related to goals #56 and #57, and I think I want to add another stipulation (although I'm not sure I'll actually include it as a goal on my list) - I have decided that at least 5 of the books I read should be random books that I see other people reading on the train :)
#22 - Take 101 photos of things that make me happy
I finally remembered to put my camera in my purse this morning so that I have it on hand when I see something that catches my eye that I want to include as part of this list item. I have taken a few photos already including one of my shoe rack, little glass Coke bottles, and the archways by the Bay store downtown with the checkered tiles on the ground (one of my fave places to walk!). I really wanted to attempt to start my "sneeze album" today as well but I wasn't fast enough when Katie sneezed.... LOL.
#26 Pass all CASB modules on the first attempt
So far I have taken three out of six modules in the Chartered Accountants School of Business and passed all of them with "Basic Competency". Since it is busy season at work right now, I am currently on a bit of a break from school - Mod 4 starts in August. I would love to get Competency with Distinction in a module, but at the moment I am more than happen with Basic and would like to continue with the trend! :)
#35 Do something active at least once a week
This week I didn't do any one specific thing to meet this goal, however I have been walking about 8-10 blocks to and from the C-Train to work each day, and taking the stairs in the train stations as much as possible.
#58 Attend at least 10 concerts
I currently have tickets for five concerts coming up in the next 6 months:
1. Muse with the Silver Sun Pickups - March 30
2. Our Lady Peace - May 10 (they are playing the entire "Clumsy" album!!)
3. Tom Petty with Joe Cocker - June 15
4. U2 - June 23
5. Michael Buble with Naturally 7 - August 17
#59 Watch 100 movies I've never seen before
I began this goal a few days ago by watching a classic that I have been meaning to see for years and haven't got around to watching - "Breakfast at Tiffanys"... and I loved it!! I think I need to watch more old Hollywood movies as part of this list item :) I also currently have 11 movies saved on my PVR that I have been meaning to watch but just haven't had time yet!
#62 Keep track of spending for one month
I have an Excel spreadsheet set up and have been recording my spending since the first of the month... I have found this hard so far as I tend to spend money without really thinking about it and often don't bother to get a receipt, so at the end of the day on my computer I'm like "oh right, crap, what did I buy today?!" LOL. Which is exactly why I put this as one of the goals on my list - I definitely need to be more aware of my spending habits and learn how to budget more, as this will help me achieve other goals on my list (such as travel and moving out).
#65 Put money I would've spent on Starbucks/Second Cup away for a rainy day
This goal has been a little hard to track so far as it is somewhat subjective of when I "would've bought Starbucks" or not... but since I've been working about a block away from a coffee shop and pretty much think about buying a drink from there everyday, I find myself saving about $4.25 each day I abstain. Although, I did give in on Friday and subtracted that amount from my spreadsheet haha.
#69 Drink more water, less pop
This is another difficult goal for me as I just find plain water very boring and unsatisfying most of the time. However, I have been bringing a one litre bottle of water (with Crystal Light) to work with me daily, and the last couple of times I have gone out to a restaurant I have held back from ordering pop... I may have to adjust this goal to make it more measurable...
#86 Write a letter to myself to read at the end of this 1001 days
I lied at the beginning of this post - I just realized I have completed another goal on my list! :) I wrote myself a letter about several major areas of my life - school, work, friends, family, relationship, miscellaneous - and will not look at it again until this project is over. I am hoping that, besides looking at how many goals I have accomplished by the end of this project, by reading this letter I will have a clearer picture of how my life has changed and evolved in approximately 3 years, hopefully for the better!
#87 Get a tattoo to represent my family and friends
I have a concept in mind and already have my appointment booked and deposit paid. The day is April 3rd, so it better stop snowing by then! More details to come after that date.... :)
#91 and 93 - Wear my hair down at least once a week and grow my hair long again
These goals are ongoing throughout this project... My hair seems like it is taking forever to grow but I think it has actually grown quite a bit in the last few months, so as long as I don't give up and chop it off, hopefully it will continue!
Well that is all for now, but I will keep you updated on my progress as I continue... Later days!
#17 - Read at least 50 books
So far I have read one book, "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman - the same author who wrote "Coraline" and "Stardust". It was a strange and quirky book about a shadowy world underneath the city of London called London Below... I definitely recommend it if you are looking for something dark and different :) I am now onto book number two - "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown, another book featuring the intellectual, tweed wearing Robert Langdon (who I still believe should have been portrayed by a better looking actor than Tom Hanks with long hair... ew). This goal is also related to goals #56 and #57, and I think I want to add another stipulation (although I'm not sure I'll actually include it as a goal on my list) - I have decided that at least 5 of the books I read should be random books that I see other people reading on the train :)
#22 - Take 101 photos of things that make me happy
I finally remembered to put my camera in my purse this morning so that I have it on hand when I see something that catches my eye that I want to include as part of this list item. I have taken a few photos already including one of my shoe rack, little glass Coke bottles, and the archways by the Bay store downtown with the checkered tiles on the ground (one of my fave places to walk!). I really wanted to attempt to start my "sneeze album" today as well but I wasn't fast enough when Katie sneezed.... LOL.
#26 Pass all CASB modules on the first attempt
So far I have taken three out of six modules in the Chartered Accountants School of Business and passed all of them with "Basic Competency". Since it is busy season at work right now, I am currently on a bit of a break from school - Mod 4 starts in August. I would love to get Competency with Distinction in a module, but at the moment I am more than happen with Basic and would like to continue with the trend! :)
#35 Do something active at least once a week
This week I didn't do any one specific thing to meet this goal, however I have been walking about 8-10 blocks to and from the C-Train to work each day, and taking the stairs in the train stations as much as possible.
#58 Attend at least 10 concerts
I currently have tickets for five concerts coming up in the next 6 months:
1. Muse with the Silver Sun Pickups - March 30
2. Our Lady Peace - May 10 (they are playing the entire "Clumsy" album!!)
3. Tom Petty with Joe Cocker - June 15
4. U2 - June 23
5. Michael Buble with Naturally 7 - August 17
#59 Watch 100 movies I've never seen before
I began this goal a few days ago by watching a classic that I have been meaning to see for years and haven't got around to watching - "Breakfast at Tiffanys"... and I loved it!! I think I need to watch more old Hollywood movies as part of this list item :) I also currently have 11 movies saved on my PVR that I have been meaning to watch but just haven't had time yet!
#62 Keep track of spending for one month
I have an Excel spreadsheet set up and have been recording my spending since the first of the month... I have found this hard so far as I tend to spend money without really thinking about it and often don't bother to get a receipt, so at the end of the day on my computer I'm like "oh right, crap, what did I buy today?!" LOL. Which is exactly why I put this as one of the goals on my list - I definitely need to be more aware of my spending habits and learn how to budget more, as this will help me achieve other goals on my list (such as travel and moving out).
#65 Put money I would've spent on Starbucks/Second Cup away for a rainy day
This goal has been a little hard to track so far as it is somewhat subjective of when I "would've bought Starbucks" or not... but since I've been working about a block away from a coffee shop and pretty much think about buying a drink from there everyday, I find myself saving about $4.25 each day I abstain. Although, I did give in on Friday and subtracted that amount from my spreadsheet haha.
#69 Drink more water, less pop
This is another difficult goal for me as I just find plain water very boring and unsatisfying most of the time. However, I have been bringing a one litre bottle of water (with Crystal Light) to work with me daily, and the last couple of times I have gone out to a restaurant I have held back from ordering pop... I may have to adjust this goal to make it more measurable...
#86 Write a letter to myself to read at the end of this 1001 days
I lied at the beginning of this post - I just realized I have completed another goal on my list! :) I wrote myself a letter about several major areas of my life - school, work, friends, family, relationship, miscellaneous - and will not look at it again until this project is over. I am hoping that, besides looking at how many goals I have accomplished by the end of this project, by reading this letter I will have a clearer picture of how my life has changed and evolved in approximately 3 years, hopefully for the better!
#87 Get a tattoo to represent my family and friends
I have a concept in mind and already have my appointment booked and deposit paid. The day is April 3rd, so it better stop snowing by then! More details to come after that date.... :)
#91 and 93 - Wear my hair down at least once a week and grow my hair long again
These goals are ongoing throughout this project... My hair seems like it is taking forever to grow but I think it has actually grown quite a bit in the last few months, so as long as I don't give up and chop it off, hopefully it will continue!
Well that is all for now, but I will keep you updated on my progress as I continue... Later days!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home