Friday, December 15, 2006


So last night was the SJP city office Christmas party!! It was so much fun! I left work a little early to go get ready with Marie, Hazel, Izzy (fellow Canadian from Vancouver!), and Helena - we all primped while sharing almost 3 bottles of champagne between us!! haha. Then at 7pm we headed to the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park Hotel just in time for the champagne reception and then dinner. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the food was surprisingly very good (I was expecting weird rich people food LOL)! During dinner there was a guy singing Rat Pack songs, he was really good as long as you didn't look at him haha.

After dinner there was a short auction and then they set up the DJ and the dancefloor! However I headed to the adjoining room first for some chocolate fondue and gambling!! They had a roulette table (no idea how to play so I didn't bother) and Blackjack, so I figured I would practice for Vegas! David (one of the partners) gave me 25,000 pounds in fun money and I started to play. I was actually doing really well and got quite a few chips, and then I got a Blackjack and won a bottle of champagne!!!! So I donated my chips to Sara's husband who was at the table beside me and went to join the girls for some drinking and dancing!

It was loads of fun and a few of us stayed until the bitter end haha. Grabbed a cab back to my residence and poured myself into bed... I ended up getting maybe 3 hours of sleep at best and then woke up to my alarm to go to work.... oh man. Champagne just like Long Island Iced Tea is NOT my friend LOL!! Drank WAY too much but very fun night!

Went to work this morning feeling pretty rubbish but hoping it would eventually go away, however I think it has just gotten progressively worse throughout the day (why don't they sell ginger ale anywhere in this city?!). Anyway, Sam convinced Raj to let me leave at 2pm (I owe him a drink at our floor Christmas party on Thursday!) so I came back here and just went back to bed for 4 hours... Very confusing when you nap and wake up at 6pm and it is dark outside, haha it felt like it should be morning!!

Although I still don't feel well at all I decided to get up and watch a movie because if I stayed in bed I highly doubt I would've been able to sleep until morning! Really bad hangover though, I'm stuck in that limbo state between being incredibly nauseous and really hungry.... not fun haha. I think I will end up going to bed soon and hopefully wake up feeling human again!!

Just going to take it easy again this weekend I think... I was going to go to Leeds Castle but have decided I have other things I want to do and I've seen enough castles recently to last me a while haha!! I took some photos last night, some are okay but there are a few in the middle that Izzy took when she stole my camera that are terrible (you can definitely tell she was rather drunk haha). Here is the link: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IZuGzZm2ascO

Sunday night I am meeting up with Karyna, Michelle, and Claire for one last dinner at TGI Friday's before we have to say goodbye to each other! It should be fun but bittersweet... Monday night I might go see a play with Michelle if we can get tickets, and then Thursday afternoon/night is another Christmas party!! Then on Friday night Kirsteen and Jason will be in London so we are going to meet up to go on the London Eye and then spend the weekend together! Very exciting!! :o)

I hope everyone has a great weekend - and good luck to everyone still writing exams!!! Miss and love you all and see you really soon!! YAY

Later days :o)

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Just wondering... does anyone still read this???? haha no one has commented in a while besides myself - Go me! LOL.

11:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still reading, you've become quite the lush......
Love,
G&G

11:31 a.m.  
Blogger Heather said...

Hahah no I've just never kept a blog about my drinking habits before.... LOL. ;o) And it was a Christmas party with free champagne!!!

1:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home