
Another British term I have learned recently: instead of saying that you "picked up" or "hooked up" with someone, you would tell your friends that you "pulled" haha. Wearing my red ribbon with pride in honour of World AIDS Day, a group of us went out on last night to G-A-Y (that's a gay bar if you hadn't guessed already LOL) to celebrate Louisa's birthday! The first picture is of Louisa and me, and the second picture from left to right is Paul, Jeff, and Lindsay (aka Bird). My plan was to not drink too much, but I'll write more about that later haha. Anyway, it was lots of fun!!
As I've said before, I love gay bars because of the random shirtless guys and the music - the theme of last night was "Camp Attack", so on the main dancefloor they played music from the 70s and 80s and the other dancefloor played music from the 90s only! I didn't recognize at least 70% of the music though because it was before my time and also British haha. But they did play some Madonna, Cher, and Spice Girls so I was happy LOL. And on the screens all night they were showing "Spice World" because on Saturday night Emma Bunton is playing there (should've gone that night!!).
Something strange happened though haha - I was hit on (by guys) probably more last night than I am ever hit on at straight bars!! How weird is that?? At least five guys tried to hit on me - one said "hey baby" as I walked by, a couple others tried to start dancing with me, and another on the dancefloor started singing along to "Can't take my eyes off of you" but sang it to me.... I don't understand, I guess I either look like a guy, these guys were bisexual, or they were just straight guys who thought it would be a good idea to try to pick up at a gay bar... I hope it isn't option 1 LOL!
We stayed out really late, and my night bus took FOREVER to come, so I didn't get to bed until about 4:30am! I had set my alarm to wake me up at around 8am so that I could go on the Explorer Day to Rochester (which I figured I could do on lack of sleep); however, when I woke up I'm pretty sure I was still a little drunk haha. So anyway, needless to say I didn't end up going!! I stayed in bed until around 12:30pm and now here I am updating my blog! I was thinking I could catch a train to Rochester myself but after looking at the website about the Christmas Festival there I don't think I want to go anymore - WAY too many people. Oh well.
So not sure what I'm going to do for the rest of the day now haha!!! I think after I shower and eat to feel more human again LOL I might go check out the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Brompton Oratory because they are close to where I live! If I get brave later I could go to Oxford Street because it's only pedestrian traffic today but I think that would be mental so I probably won't do any shopping today... we'll see.
Well it is already getting late so I should get a move on and get my day started!!
Later days :o)

2 Comments:
Heather YOU GOT HIT ON IN A GAY BAR?! HAhHAHAHA I laughed so hard when I read that. I am sure it's not because you look like a man silly!! Probably just some straight men wandering into a gay bar by mistake? ahah! I don't know...anyways, sounds like you had a good time. Can't wait to see you! Later...
Amy - that would be a good excuse for the guys except for the fact that the name of the bar is "G-A-Y", so unless these guys are unable to spell..... LOL.
I will hopefully get a chance soon to update my blog with details of the rest of my weekend!!!
Love and miss you all :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home