Friday, December 08, 2006

Just a random post because I'm at work and it's Friday and rather boring (I do have some work to do but I just can't be bothered LOL but don't tell Raj ;o)

So I was sitting at my desk yesterday morning a little before noon when my phone rang. To my surprise it was my fabulous friend Justin calling!! I was super excited to hear from him and then I realized that it was 5am in Edmonton... haha what an insomniac! Anyway, we had a wonderful 1/2 hour long conversation and it was nice to catch up with him (much better than working haha).

What else is new... oh my roommate moves out tomorrow!! I really hope that no one else moves into my room, at least for a few days... I might ask at reception when I get back after work today to see if they know whether or not they are expecting anyone! I really like Luana and lucked out with having only one roommate for basically my entire time here but it would be nice to have the room to myself for a while - I am sick of living so close to someone else! I miss SPACE! haha. Oh dorms.. never again. And my parents get home from Mexico tomorrow as well!

Also, from many requests (and all out nagging from Miss Kerr LOL) I have finally joined Facebook - so any of you out there who are also members of this web phenomenon that is causing people everywhere not to study for their finals because they are too distracted, please add me as a friend! :o)

Well I had a depressing dream the other night - I dreamt that I switched my flight and got home Christmas morning without telling anyone. Then I took a cab from the airport to Phil's and knocked on the window and surprised all of my family!! One can only wish... Still no plans for Christmas Day yet and it is quickly approaching so I should try to figure out what I am doing!!

Still no luck hiring my replacement and it is getting SUPER ANNOYING! I don't remember the last update I put on my blog in regards to this but we had offered the job to a guy named Graham who had initially accepted. However, a couple days later he gave us a super lame excuse and backed out. Back to square one. Then we set up two more interviews with other students and myself - one last Friday and one on Tuesday. Early this week I found out that the first guy is not able to afford it because his parents won't help him out, so that leaves Sean who I interviewed on Tuesday... I do not have high hopes for this guy haha. He sounds very smart and everything but there are a few major issues - there are two business competitions that he said he would need to fly back to Canada for in January! He asked me how many times I had been home since being over here.... yeah right. Although he does have lots of scholarship money.... I'm supposed to hear back from him by the end of this week (so hopefully before I leave work today). Wish me luck!!! Basically now we are just looking for ANYONE to come LOL.

Not sure what I'm doing this weekend yet but I have booked Monday off again! I think I'm just going to relax tonight and do some much needed laundry!!! Then tomorrow I might go on a walking tour Explorer Day thing to Bath if I can get up early enough for it... I also need to work on my Co-op Work Term Report because it is due next week!!!! I think I'm almost done... I just need to buckle down and finish it and then write my Executive Summary for it (haha I should really be working on that right now... Don't you find that at this time of year so close to Christmas you just have a complete lack of motivation?!). Then on Monday after Michelle returns from Paris, we are supposed to meet up for some shopping and also go see "The Holiday".

Time to do another list of countdowns:

Okay well I just got an email from Sean turning us down so yet again we are back to square one!! I should go call Brent and see what he thinks we should do and if he has any other students for us to set up interviews with!!!

Later days :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Amendment to my weekend plans (not that you really care but what the heck haha): I have decided not to go to Bath because it is too early in the morning and I don't feel like wandering around in a tour group of people I don't know... I'm rather sick of being a tourist actually haha! So I think tomorrow I will sleep in, do my laundry, work on my report, and maybe wander around an art gallery or something if I feel up to it. Then Sunday and Monday will be devoted to relaxing, report, and shopping!!

Oh and in my post I completely forgot to mention the crazy news that there was a tornado in Northern London yesterday!! Very strange indeed.

Have a good weekend everyone :o)

12:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home