Tuesday, December 05, 2006

*Me playing Steevi's drums after the show on Sunday night... I doubt I was playing very well considering how much I drank but who knows?! LOL. Very cool drum kit though - they were covered with crushed glass and then lacquered, I think he said the type was called "Diamond Dust" or something...*
On Saturday when I finally got moving I went to the Brompton Oratory first. It is a Catholic church that was built in I think 1884 and it is an imitation of a church in Rome. And if I was going to get married in a church, it might have to be this one!! haha. SO beautiful inside! Kinda weird just wandering around inside though considering it isn't really a tourist attraction at all, so I didn't stay very long...

From there just a short way down the street I went to the V&A Museum. They have an entire section of the museum dedicated to textiles and fashion - very cool! They also have an exhibition right now of 60s fashion so that was pretty interesting. I didn't find the rest of the museum overly interesting but that probably was partially due to the hangover making me not in a museum mood haha. After wandering inside the museum for a couple hours I just went back to my residence and watched a couple movies before calling it a night, not too exciting but I needed sleep! Here's the link to see my photos from Saturday: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IZuGzZm2asaW

On Sunday I caught the train at 2:30pm to Brighton. I arrived a couple of hours later and met up with Marie at the Brighton Pier. We decided to go to the bar at the end of the pier while we were waiting for Hazel to pick us up, but we had more trouble than expected! The wind was so strong that we could barely walk forwards!!! LOL. A little while later Hazel picked us up and we went to her friend Linda's house to get ready to go out. JVL (one of the partners at SJP) was playing a gig with his band Soul Reality (www.soulreality.co.uk) in a bar called Joogleberry (he's the bass player).

It was loads of fun and the band was super good! They had a few different singers throughout the night and it was great. I even got Steevi the ridiculously tanned drummer to sign his sticks for me after the show :o) Hazel, Marie, and I started sharing pitchers of Long Island Iced Tea which turned out to be a bad idea LOL. And after a couple of those we had Cosmopolitans!! Good idea at the time, not so good the next day... Long Island Iced Tea is NOT my friend hahaha. I think I'm still recovering! Spent the night at Linda's and woke up extremely hungover... Then I had to catch the train back to London, hangovers and public transit do not mix well. And for some reason this city doesn't seem to sell ginger ale anywhere!! When I got back to my residence I had a shower and attempted to eat before having to leave again on the tube to meet up with Michelle at Wembley Central station. Here is the link to see my photos from the gig on Sunday night: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IZuGzZm2asa0

Michelle and I met at 7pm and made our way to Wembley Arena for the Pink concert!! We were a little worried we were going to be late because there was a long line for the box office where we had to pick up our tickets from; however, it turned out that Pink didn't actually get on stage until 9pm - 1.5 hours later than she was supposed to!!!! How irritating... So in the meantime, I ate a much needed sandwich and bought a concert shirt!

The show was fabulous! There were a few songs I didn't recognize though because I don't own her newest CD but it kinda made me want to buy it!! haha. She has an amazing voice and the show was really great to watch as well! And our tickets weren't overly expensive so it was totally worth it. You know you live in the age of technology when a concert starts and suddenly you are surrounded by thousands of tiny glowing screens of camera phones!!! LOL so weird. Most of my photos didn't turn out very well so I had to delete them, but here is the link to see the better ones: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IZuGzZm2asbS

Overall, despite the hangovers, it was a fantabulous weekend! I hope everyone else had wonderful weekends :o) Love and miss you all!!!!

Later days

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PINK with envy (if you know what I mean)!

4:37 p.m.  
Blogger Heather said...

LOL who wrote that?!

5:37 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Younger G wrote that. I adore PINK!

6:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home