I have arrived back in Canada a week earlier than expected!! I was supposed to come home on Dec. 31st but since we were unable to hire my replacement until recently, we decided that there was no purpose in me coming into the office during the week following Christmas... so I called Air Canada and was able to bump up my flight to Dec. 24th instead :o) I told only my parents (because someone had to pick me up at the airport!) and some of my friends so it was a complete surprise to the rest of my family for me to be home for Christmas!!! I was lovely to be home and get to celebrate with everyone I love and eat TURKEY!!!! Mmm... hahaha.
So the Thursday before I left London was our 2nd floor office Christmas party! We had dinner at Sway and then went to a couple different bars after that. The entire thing started at 2pm so it was a looong night haha. Lots of fun though!! Most of the secret santa presents were very rude (as you will see in the photos) but hilarious. Here is the link to see my photos: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IZuGzZm2asdK¬ag=1 Nasty hangover the next day though... not going to share details however considering I have recently found out that most of my family now thinks I am a complete alcoholic LOL (I swear I'm not!!! I really don't drink that often...)
On the Friday after a handover meeting with Sam and Raj and then taking a long time to say goodbye to all my friends at work (sad!) I met up with Kirsteen and Jason for dinner. We went to Wagamama and then headed over to the London Eye which we had booked tickets for in advance. This turned out to be a horrible idea though because it was so ridiculously foggy that we couldn't see much of a view of anything - even Big Ben disappeared in the mist and that was just across the river!! Oh well.
On Saturday we took a bus tour around the city, mostly just drove past all of the major tourist sites though because it was super cold out that day!! After lunch we decided to go to Madame Tussaud's wax museum which was totally fun - they moved around and added new people since the last time I was there and most of it had a winter/Christmas theme! Love it! Then that night we decided to go to the theatre. Since Kirsteen doesn't like musicals I saw my first London theatre production that wasn't a musical!!! We went to see a comedy called "The 39 Steps" which turned out to have only a cast of four... it had it's entertaining moments but I think I'm going to stick to the musicals ;o) haha.
Sunday morning I recruited Kirsteen and Jason to help me drag all of my stuff to Heathrow as I couldn't even lift my luggage myself!! LOL. Very nice of them to help me out!!! Lucked out on the plane because the seat beside me was empty so I had a little extra room to spread out... got home about 20 minutes early and well the rest is history!! Glad to be back home but I am missing all of my friends in London... also the green grass, lack of snow, and beautiful historic buildings.... haha. Here are my photos from my weekend with Kirsteen and Jason: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IZuGzZm2asdo¬ag=1
I will see some of you on New Year's, some back in Edmonton, and some later on at some point!!! Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and I wish you a Happy and Prosperous 2007 :o)
Later days!!!
So the Thursday before I left London was our 2nd floor office Christmas party! We had dinner at Sway and then went to a couple different bars after that. The entire thing started at 2pm so it was a looong night haha. Lots of fun though!! Most of the secret santa presents were very rude (as you will see in the photos) but hilarious. Here is the link to see my photos: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IZuGzZm2asdK¬ag=1 Nasty hangover the next day though... not going to share details however considering I have recently found out that most of my family now thinks I am a complete alcoholic LOL (I swear I'm not!!! I really don't drink that often...)
On the Friday after a handover meeting with Sam and Raj and then taking a long time to say goodbye to all my friends at work (sad!) I met up with Kirsteen and Jason for dinner. We went to Wagamama and then headed over to the London Eye which we had booked tickets for in advance. This turned out to be a horrible idea though because it was so ridiculously foggy that we couldn't see much of a view of anything - even Big Ben disappeared in the mist and that was just across the river!! Oh well.
On Saturday we took a bus tour around the city, mostly just drove past all of the major tourist sites though because it was super cold out that day!! After lunch we decided to go to Madame Tussaud's wax museum which was totally fun - they moved around and added new people since the last time I was there and most of it had a winter/Christmas theme! Love it! Then that night we decided to go to the theatre. Since Kirsteen doesn't like musicals I saw my first London theatre production that wasn't a musical!!! We went to see a comedy called "The 39 Steps" which turned out to have only a cast of four... it had it's entertaining moments but I think I'm going to stick to the musicals ;o) haha.
Sunday morning I recruited Kirsteen and Jason to help me drag all of my stuff to Heathrow as I couldn't even lift my luggage myself!! LOL. Very nice of them to help me out!!! Lucked out on the plane because the seat beside me was empty so I had a little extra room to spread out... got home about 20 minutes early and well the rest is history!! Glad to be back home but I am missing all of my friends in London... also the green grass, lack of snow, and beautiful historic buildings.... haha. Here are my photos from my weekend with Kirsteen and Jason: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IZuGzZm2asdo¬ag=1
I will see some of you on New Year's, some back in Edmonton, and some later on at some point!!! Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and I wish you a Happy and Prosperous 2007 :o)
Later days!!!

1 Comments:
You survived! I'm glad you had a great trip. Daley and I are hoping to come in Edmonton in January, so maybe I'll get to see you!
Post a Comment
<< Home