Tattoo
#87: Get a tattoo to represent my family and best friends
An anchor is a classic sailor tattoo usually done in the traditional style of tattooing (which I tend to prefer, like my sparrow and my rose…) and the original meaning was to symbolize a sailor’s first crossing of the Atlantic Ocean and their safe return to port. I decided to get this as my tattoo to represent my family and friends as they are the stability in my life – they keep me grounded and provide a strong foundation. Anchors hold great ships safe in harbour, against winds and currents that might carry them astray. I also decided to incorporate a nautical star into my tattoo. Nautical stars traditionally symbolize the North Star and were popular among sailors worn as a symbol of good luck and one that would promise a safe return home. They also represent guidance in one’s life. Another reason I wanted to incorporate the star is that it has five points – one to represent each of the Fab Five (me and my four best friends)! :)
An anchor is a classic sailor tattoo usually done in the traditional style of tattooing (which I tend to prefer, like my sparrow and my rose…) and the original meaning was to symbolize a sailor’s first crossing of the Atlantic Ocean and their safe return to port. I decided to get this as my tattoo to represent my family and friends as they are the stability in my life – they keep me grounded and provide a strong foundation. Anchors hold great ships safe in harbour, against winds and currents that might carry them astray. I also decided to incorporate a nautical star into my tattoo. Nautical stars traditionally symbolize the North Star and were popular among sailors worn as a symbol of good luck and one that would promise a safe return home. They also represent guidance in one’s life. Another reason I wanted to incorporate the star is that it has five points – one to represent each of the Fab Five (me and my four best friends)! :)
Tattoo by Darren Parnell at Eternal Image


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home