Friday, December 01, 2006

I have definitely decided to NEVER live in a student residence again!! A couple nights ago there were people being annoying loud in my hallway at 3:30 am, so I just opened my door and looked at them and they apologized and shut up LOL (I guess it must've been "the look" haha). Sheesh. The good news is that my roommate moves out in a week and hopefully (keep your fingers crossed for me this time) no one else will move in right away so I can have the room to myself for a bit.... what are the chances of that happening? I'm a little doubtful but there is some hope considering it is almost Christmas and I can't imagine that a bunch of people would move in at this time of year but you never know!

More bad news - we found out yesterday that the Canadian student we finally hired to replace me is now NOT coming! Could it be any harder to find someone?! I don't understand why more people aren't interested... and I really don't understand why all these people keep going through the entire interview process with us and then say no!! So Brent has talked to a couple other students who may be interested and I'm either going to interview them this afternoon my time or on Tuesday because I have Monday booked off! Waiting to hear back from him.

I booked off Monday because on Sunday night I am going to Brighton with Marie and Hazel to see JVL and his band's gig!! It will be nice to see him playing the guitar outside of his office haha (I really don't know when this man gets any work done!). Should be lots of fun! We will be staying the night at one of Hazel's friend's houses and then coming back to London in the morning - hence why I booked the day off work!

This weekend looks like it is going to be just as busy as the last few have been I think, so it will be nice when I'm finally home in Calgary and can just relax! :o) Tonight I am supposed to be going out with Louisa and friends to celebrate her birthday, which is actually on Monday. Not sure where we are going yet though, she is supposed to get back to me with the details!! Should be nice to see them all again though since we have all been so busy and I haven't seen them for about 2 months! Wow time goes by really fast haha.

I am going to try to limit my drinking though as I plan to wake up Saturday morning in time to be at Victoria train station by 9:30am! I am going on a walking tour thing but it is called an "Explorer Day" (basically it is just a full day trip outside of London, compared to the usual 1.5 hour walks within the city). We will be going to Rochester for the Charles Dickens Christmas Festival!!! So exciting! Check out the description from the website:

"What could be jollier? It's 1827 and the streets are thronged with hundreds of costumed characters. Everywhere you look there are top hats and frock coats and bonnets and hooped skirts. Yes, it's Christmastime in Charles Dickens's hometown. Welcome to the best Dickens Christmas Festival in the world. And there's guaranteed snow!"
Then on Monday after I get back to London I think I might do some shopping! I want to find a new coat as all the feathers in my down-filled one keep escaping and there aren't many left (so it isn't overly warm anymore haha). I also need to find a present for our Secret Santa exchange at work... and I need to try to find something for my cousin Kyle because we decided even if none of the other cousins are exchanging presents this year that we still want to!! :o) Hopefully it won't be as busy as usual because it's a Monday... we'll see.
Well I am wasting time writing this at work and should get back at it!! I hope you all have fantastic weekends!! Can you believe it is already December?! Home in 30 sleeps!!!
Later days :o)

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Just to make my weekend even busier, more tickets went on sale today for the Pink concert at Wembley Arena on Monday so now Michelle and I are going!! :o) Should be loads of fun! (I'll sleep when I'm home in Calgary haha)

8:23 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People go to interviews and then say no for practise! Ask Raj if he'll hire me! Hope you get your closet of a room to yourself for the rest of your stay. Have a great weekend!
Love,
G&G

2:32 p.m.  
Blogger Heather said...

Yeah I understand that, but when you are applying for a job overseas that you are only competing against a couple other people for you should take it more seriously!!! Plus it is a Co-op job and usually the university doesn't like you to apply for jobs that you aren't planning to accept if offered.

6:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home