Another interesting tidbit:
Found out something that I found super exciting but everyone else thought I was overexcited about it haha - apparently JVL's oldest son Sam was the stunt double for Harry Potter in the first movie!! I found this news very cool and asked JVL to get me a signed photo of him dressed like Harry :o) He thought this was a little odd because it happened like seven years ago but I still think it is exciting! We'll see if he remembers haha. I also asked JVL when his next gig is (not sure if I've mentioned JVL before but he is a partner at St. James's Place who always sits in his office and plays his guitar haha) and I think he has one on December 3rd in Brighton so hopefully I'll be able to go see that with Hazel!!
Anyway, I ended up drinking way too much which always seems to happen here LOL. I started drinking vodka and lemonade (aka vodka seven but lemon lime pop here is called lemonade...) but then someone bought a bottle of white wine... and at the end of the night before the bar closed we decided that champagne was a good idea... it didn't end up being such a good idea this morning LOL. Lots of fun last night but this morning I had the worst headache I've ever had and was rather nauseous... And sadly on the way home at some point, I think on the tube somewhere, I lost the ring I bought in Scotland :o( It was a little too big and I noticed when I got back to my residence that it was missing.
Woke up reasonably early as I had to go meet Wendy and Kyle at their hostel by the Natural History Museum, took about half an hour to walk there. Had a little trouble contacting them as they don't have a phone so the front desk couldn't let them know I had arrived, then the lady just told me to go up to their room. So I took the ridiculously slow lift up to the fourth floor only to realize that I needed a key card to get in the hallway!! Back down on the lift to reception I finally got a card and made my way back up to their room :o)
We decided to start off at the Tower of London where we saw a lot of guns, swords, armor, an execution block and head axe, canons, and replicas of the Crown Jewels (which of course you couldn't take photos of... no idea why). After being to many of these royal places I have decided that I want: a sceptre, a large sword, many jewels, to marry a prince, and a very large portrait painted of myself to hang over my fireplace - is that too much to ask for?! LOL.
From there we took the tube to Oxford Street to do some shopping, which I found surprising because Wendy dislikes both crowds of people and shopping!!! LOL. We went into H&M only to barely move around the store - think Boxing Day in Calgary but all the time... remind me not to even attempt going shopping on December 26th this year! Then we got a little lost on our way to find Hamley's, a famous toy shop - Wendy thought it was on Oxford Street but after asking a street vendor we discovered that it was actually on Regent Street. Very big and exciting store but also packed with people!! The street has been decorated with many Christmas lights and store window displays, very beautiful but they just don't look the same in the photos I took - for some reason photos of Christmas lights never turn out to look as pretty as they do in reality.
After shopping we decided to head over to the original Hard Rock Cafe on Park Lane. Good thing we went early as there was about a 40 minute wait for a table so by the time we actually sat down to eat we were pretty hungry!! The food was excellent though and afterwards we went across the way to the Rock Shop and explored The Vault as Kyle of course wanted to hold Jimi Hendrix's guitar like I did a while ago - very exciting! Kyle also held Kurt Cobain's guitar and wore Bob Dylan's hat, unfortunately he couldn't really play either of the guitar's as they were both strung for lefties!! I got a photo with Keith Richards guitar but sadly I was not wearing my Rolling Stones shirt today, oh well. Still very cool.
Then since we were nearby we decided to check out Buckingham Palace (aka Buckingham Castle according to Wendy LOL). We wandered for a bit in the wrong direction before turning around and taking a slight detour to see the Marble Arch (completely intentional I swear!! haha I just got a little confused thinking we were by Green Park when it actually turned out to be Hyde Park....). We decided to make things more simple and jump on the tube two stations to get to Green Park. Walked by the Ritz and then made our way to the Palace - Kyle was rather unimpressed haha.
After a long day with lots of walking and sightseeing we made our way back towards Wendy and Kyle's hostel, but first stopped to try to find the pick-up point for our tour we are taking tomorrow morning. Wasn't too difficult to find which was good so we will be meeting there bright and early at 8am tomorrow to leave for Oxford, Stratford Upon Avon, and Warwick Castle!! On my way walking home I passed the Natural History Museum where the first ice rink in the city was supposed to open this weekend, however it looked a tad melted and the only people on it were people who worked there so not sure what happened there, maybe it isn't cold enough yet? I took a couple photos of it anyway because it looked very Christmasy and pretty!
Well I should be in bed but unfortunately my roommate is in our bathroom with the shower running but talking really loud on her mobile in Portugese... haha. Hopefully she will be out soon so I can wash my face and brush my teeth before going to sleep! I hope everyone is having a good weekend and I will try to upload my photos from this weekend sometime soon when I get a chance!!
Later days :o)
- People here apparently don't use the word "sure", as I said this to say "yes" to answer someone's question and they looked at me like I was mental... answering "sure" I was told is a "Canadian thing" LOL
Found out something that I found super exciting but everyone else thought I was overexcited about it haha - apparently JVL's oldest son Sam was the stunt double for Harry Potter in the first movie!! I found this news very cool and asked JVL to get me a signed photo of him dressed like Harry :o) He thought this was a little odd because it happened like seven years ago but I still think it is exciting! We'll see if he remembers haha. I also asked JVL when his next gig is (not sure if I've mentioned JVL before but he is a partner at St. James's Place who always sits in his office and plays his guitar haha) and I think he has one on December 3rd in Brighton so hopefully I'll be able to go see that with Hazel!!
Anyway, I ended up drinking way too much which always seems to happen here LOL. I started drinking vodka and lemonade (aka vodka seven but lemon lime pop here is called lemonade...) but then someone bought a bottle of white wine... and at the end of the night before the bar closed we decided that champagne was a good idea... it didn't end up being such a good idea this morning LOL. Lots of fun last night but this morning I had the worst headache I've ever had and was rather nauseous... And sadly on the way home at some point, I think on the tube somewhere, I lost the ring I bought in Scotland :o( It was a little too big and I noticed when I got back to my residence that it was missing.
Woke up reasonably early as I had to go meet Wendy and Kyle at their hostel by the Natural History Museum, took about half an hour to walk there. Had a little trouble contacting them as they don't have a phone so the front desk couldn't let them know I had arrived, then the lady just told me to go up to their room. So I took the ridiculously slow lift up to the fourth floor only to realize that I needed a key card to get in the hallway!! Back down on the lift to reception I finally got a card and made my way back up to their room :o)
We decided to start off at the Tower of London where we saw a lot of guns, swords, armor, an execution block and head axe, canons, and replicas of the Crown Jewels (which of course you couldn't take photos of... no idea why). After being to many of these royal places I have decided that I want: a sceptre, a large sword, many jewels, to marry a prince, and a very large portrait painted of myself to hang over my fireplace - is that too much to ask for?! LOL.
From there we took the tube to Oxford Street to do some shopping, which I found surprising because Wendy dislikes both crowds of people and shopping!!! LOL. We went into H&M only to barely move around the store - think Boxing Day in Calgary but all the time... remind me not to even attempt going shopping on December 26th this year! Then we got a little lost on our way to find Hamley's, a famous toy shop - Wendy thought it was on Oxford Street but after asking a street vendor we discovered that it was actually on Regent Street. Very big and exciting store but also packed with people!! The street has been decorated with many Christmas lights and store window displays, very beautiful but they just don't look the same in the photos I took - for some reason photos of Christmas lights never turn out to look as pretty as they do in reality.
After shopping we decided to head over to the original Hard Rock Cafe on Park Lane. Good thing we went early as there was about a 40 minute wait for a table so by the time we actually sat down to eat we were pretty hungry!! The food was excellent though and afterwards we went across the way to the Rock Shop and explored The Vault as Kyle of course wanted to hold Jimi Hendrix's guitar like I did a while ago - very exciting! Kyle also held Kurt Cobain's guitar and wore Bob Dylan's hat, unfortunately he couldn't really play either of the guitar's as they were both strung for lefties!! I got a photo with Keith Richards guitar but sadly I was not wearing my Rolling Stones shirt today, oh well. Still very cool.
Then since we were nearby we decided to check out Buckingham Palace (aka Buckingham Castle according to Wendy LOL). We wandered for a bit in the wrong direction before turning around and taking a slight detour to see the Marble Arch (completely intentional I swear!! haha I just got a little confused thinking we were by Green Park when it actually turned out to be Hyde Park....). We decided to make things more simple and jump on the tube two stations to get to Green Park. Walked by the Ritz and then made our way to the Palace - Kyle was rather unimpressed haha.
After a long day with lots of walking and sightseeing we made our way back towards Wendy and Kyle's hostel, but first stopped to try to find the pick-up point for our tour we are taking tomorrow morning. Wasn't too difficult to find which was good so we will be meeting there bright and early at 8am tomorrow to leave for Oxford, Stratford Upon Avon, and Warwick Castle!! On my way walking home I passed the Natural History Museum where the first ice rink in the city was supposed to open this weekend, however it looked a tad melted and the only people on it were people who worked there so not sure what happened there, maybe it isn't cold enough yet? I took a couple photos of it anyway because it looked very Christmasy and pretty!
Well I should be in bed but unfortunately my roommate is in our bathroom with the shower running but talking really loud on her mobile in Portugese... haha. Hopefully she will be out soon so I can wash my face and brush my teeth before going to sleep! I hope everyone is having a good weekend and I will try to upload my photos from this weekend sometime soon when I get a chance!!
Later days :o)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home