4 more items done!!
Okay so I realize it has been over a month since my last post… but the good news is that I’ve crossed a few more items off my list since then! :) From June 26 to July 7, my best friend Kayt and I took a trip to London and Paris…
#42: Visit the Museé de l’Orangerie in Paris
While in Paris, wandering through the Jardin des Tuileries, I informed Kayt that we had to visit this museum because it was one of the impressionist museums in Paris that I had not been to yet. Sadly, I have to admit that we were both rather disappointed once we were inside… it was smaller than expected and we did not enjoy much of the artwork in their collection. However, since this museum was chosen and arranged by Claude Monet to showcase some of his masterpieces (some of his water lily paintings called Nympheas) in a unique way, the upstairs of this museum was quite breathtaking and definitely worth a visit if you are a Monet fan. These eight large paintings are displayed in two rooms and curve with the shape of the walls and are viewed under direct diffused light as originally intended by the artist. I must say though, if you can only go to one museum in the entire city of Paris, I still will always recommend the Museé d’Orsay over everything else as it is my all-time favourite!!
#43: Climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower or the Arc du Triomphe
Kayt and I woke up early and decided to tackle the Eiffel Tower before it got to disgustingly hot outside (it was 35 degrees the entire week we were in Paris!). Another bonus of going early is that the lines are much shorter; by the time we came back down the lines were at least double what they were when we got there! The stairs were the only option in our mind, we didn’t even consider taking the lift. Getting to the first level involved climbing about 347 steps… then we took a bit of a break to take photos and drink water LOL. Onto the next level, approximately another 327 steps (we didn’t count but these are numbers I found online haha). There are about 1,665 stairs to the very top of the Eiffel Tower… however, we did not learn that you can only climb up to the second level until we got there LOL. And the elevator taking you all the way up was not in service BOO. But by getting up to the second level we were already about 89 stories (377 ft) in the air! It was a spectacular view of the entire city and we took some great pics! So even though I could not get up to the very top, I think this counts as achieving my goal because I climbed as high as I was allowed to… we also climbed up to the very top of the Notre Dame Cathedral that afternoon (another 387 steps to the top of the tower!) so I think that counts! :)
#44: Have a proper afternoon tea in London
Hands down this was one of my favourite things that Kayt and I did on our trip!! We decided to go to Kensington Palace later in the afternoon one day and have afternoon tea at the Orangery restaurant. We had to wait in line for about half an hour before we were even seated (popular place!) but it was totally worth it. We both ordered the “Enchanted Palace Tea”, which included chocolate tea (YUM), chocolate ganache, heart shaped raspberry shortbread, scones with clotted cream and jam, and an assortment of finger sandwiches… and in addition to that we split a bottle of prosecco (see the next goal crossed off my list haha). We spent practically the entire afternoon relaxing, chatting, and gorging ourselves on sweets – it was fabulous!!
#74: Taste champagne that costs over $20/bottle
Okay so I should have probably worded this goal to say “sparkling wine” instead of “champagne” considering that champagne is sparkling wine from a specific region in France and I did not mean for this goal to limit me to French wine only… so drinking a bottle of pink prosecco (Italian sparkling wine) during our afternoon tea that cost about £25 counts to me! And it was yummy!
#42: Visit the Museé de l’Orangerie in Paris
While in Paris, wandering through the Jardin des Tuileries, I informed Kayt that we had to visit this museum because it was one of the impressionist museums in Paris that I had not been to yet. Sadly, I have to admit that we were both rather disappointed once we were inside… it was smaller than expected and we did not enjoy much of the artwork in their collection. However, since this museum was chosen and arranged by Claude Monet to showcase some of his masterpieces (some of his water lily paintings called Nympheas) in a unique way, the upstairs of this museum was quite breathtaking and definitely worth a visit if you are a Monet fan. These eight large paintings are displayed in two rooms and curve with the shape of the walls and are viewed under direct diffused light as originally intended by the artist. I must say though, if you can only go to one museum in the entire city of Paris, I still will always recommend the Museé d’Orsay over everything else as it is my all-time favourite!!
#43: Climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower or the Arc du Triomphe
Kayt and I woke up early and decided to tackle the Eiffel Tower before it got to disgustingly hot outside (it was 35 degrees the entire week we were in Paris!). Another bonus of going early is that the lines are much shorter; by the time we came back down the lines were at least double what they were when we got there! The stairs were the only option in our mind, we didn’t even consider taking the lift. Getting to the first level involved climbing about 347 steps… then we took a bit of a break to take photos and drink water LOL. Onto the next level, approximately another 327 steps (we didn’t count but these are numbers I found online haha). There are about 1,665 stairs to the very top of the Eiffel Tower… however, we did not learn that you can only climb up to the second level until we got there LOL. And the elevator taking you all the way up was not in service BOO. But by getting up to the second level we were already about 89 stories (377 ft) in the air! It was a spectacular view of the entire city and we took some great pics! So even though I could not get up to the very top, I think this counts as achieving my goal because I climbed as high as I was allowed to… we also climbed up to the very top of the Notre Dame Cathedral that afternoon (another 387 steps to the top of the tower!) so I think that counts! :)
#44: Have a proper afternoon tea in London
Hands down this was one of my favourite things that Kayt and I did on our trip!! We decided to go to Kensington Palace later in the afternoon one day and have afternoon tea at the Orangery restaurant. We had to wait in line for about half an hour before we were even seated (popular place!) but it was totally worth it. We both ordered the “Enchanted Palace Tea”, which included chocolate tea (YUM), chocolate ganache, heart shaped raspberry shortbread, scones with clotted cream and jam, and an assortment of finger sandwiches… and in addition to that we split a bottle of prosecco (see the next goal crossed off my list haha). We spent practically the entire afternoon relaxing, chatting, and gorging ourselves on sweets – it was fabulous!!
#74: Taste champagne that costs over $20/bottle
Okay so I should have probably worded this goal to say “sparkling wine” instead of “champagne” considering that champagne is sparkling wine from a specific region in France and I did not mean for this goal to limit me to French wine only… so drinking a bottle of pink prosecco (Italian sparkling wine) during our afternoon tea that cost about £25 counts to me! And it was yummy!






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home