Saturday, September 02, 2006

ROCK ON!!! Yep, that is me holding Jimi Hendrix's Flying V guitar... I know you are all jealous and wish you were me right now LOL :o) That was the highlight of my wandering-aimlessly-around-London-day! Let's start at the beginning...

So I really had no idea what I wanted to do today except that I had to go back to H&M to return a shirt I bought that ended up being too big; therefore, I started out at Covent Garden and went from there! I returned the shirt and bought two more in its place haha. Then I was going to buy a ticket to see "The Lion King" but I was too early and the box office wasn't open yet (so instead of hanging around for an hour, I think I'm going to go tomorrow to see if I can get one then).
I wandered around the area a little more, went by Trafalgar Square, and worked my way towards Piccadilly where I visited the Royal Academy of Arts. They currently have the "Modigliani and his Models" exhibition going on and it was really neat! I tried to take some photos for Maureen because I didn't see any signs saying I couldn't, but after I took one I found out quickly that it wasn't allowed haha. Oops my bad. From there I went back to Bond Street to do some window shopping in all the designer stores (I took a few photos to give you all an idea of all the stores along that street - most have security guys at the doors, that's how expensive we are talking here). So then I wandered around Mayfair, walked down Oxford Street, and turned down Park Lane with the intentions of making my way to Knightsbridge to visit Harrod's which I still haven't seen! But needless to say, if you know me and my horrible sense of direction, I got a little lost and never got to Harrod's as planned... Luckily, as I was aimlessly wandering I ended up coming across the site of the first ever Hard Rock Cafe which I intended to visit eventually so that was a happy coincidence! I went in the store and in the basement they have "The Vault" which is a little rock museum type place where a small group of us took a free tour. And we are back to the beginning of this blog entry with me holding a rock legend's guitar :o) So awesome. The entire day had been gloomy, a little rainy, and ridiculously windy, so I decided to head back to my residence after that... for dinner I had macaroni with CHEESE WHIZ!! haha so exciting for me because that is a staple food in my fridge when I am at home. Anyway, here is the link for my photos from today: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IZuGzZm2asPG

I hope everyone else is enjoying their long weekend back at home (even though you are now thinking about how you wish you were here with me holding famous guitars ;o) haha). It's still so weird for me to think that it is Labour Day weekend and everyone else is starting school soon and I won't be back for another four months....... I love and miss you all!!

Well I met my new neighbours today - they are Americans from Vermont, Anna and Heather. They are here for about a month with a group of 15 people, then they are headed to Lancaster to study at the university there. They just came to my door and invited me to watch a movie in the lounge with them so thus ends my blog entry of the night :o)

Later days!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty cool!!

4:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heff

Sorry to neglect you for the past few weeks.. I'm home in Vernon as of today (Sunday night) after a 2500km trek from T-Bay and will have a day of rest (and by rest I mean packing) on Monday, and then driving to Edmonton on Tuesday. It will be crazy upsetting to arrive there with no you :(

The funeral and events afterward were incredibly healing and comforting, and I am so happy I was there throughout the whole process. I even managed the courage to read a poem at Nona's funeral, I broke down as soon as I got up there but held myself together enough to read it.. I want to tell you all about it, so hopefully we can arrange to chat soon.. I will be using the same number in edmonton as I did last year. forgive me for not posting it, but I'm sure you can understand the security reasons for not ;)

Anyway, I've missed you but we shall catch up.

10:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home