My roommate is so funny! Her name is Luana and she is from Brazil (yes she is pretty - everyone seems to ask that when I say where she's from haha) and she doesn't speak english very well... sometimes we sit back-to-back at our desks and talk on MSN just because her written english is better than her spoken english! She has begun to call me "Hel"... I'm not really sure why because there is no L in my name at all, I think it might just be easier for her to say instead of the "th" sound haha. On Monday when I was sightseeing, I told her that if she ended up going to the Nottinghill Carnival that day she should give me a call on my mobile and we could try to meet up. She never called because she forgot her phone in our room! LOL. So I didn't end up going to the carnival at all, oh well.
Then yesterday she was supposed to call me to let me know if her and Sarah (her Italian friend) were able to get tickets to "Mary Poppins" so that I could meet them after work to see it but I never heard from her and when I tried calling her phone was off... it turns out that her battery died! So they ended up seeing the show without me... I'll have to go some other time I guess! The two of them are really funny together though because neither of them speak english very well but they both speak different languages - one Portugese, the other Italian! On Tuesday the three of us went out for dinner at a pizza place down the street called "Pizza Rock". They played good music and the restaurant had a rock and roll theme, so the place mats were 12" records and the food was all named after famous rockstars (I had a Janis Joplin - mozza, ham, tomatoe, artichoke, and olives but I asked for no olives!). We were laughing all night because it was so hard for us to communicate effectively with each other - they kept asking me how to say things and I am a horrible english teacher LOL. Some concepts are really hard to explain to people...
Hopefully the next time we plan to do something everything works out!! Not sure what I'm doing this weekend yet, no plans so far. Hopefully the weather will be nice and I will do some more sightseeing - I just have to decide what I want to see! Anyway, tonight after work some of us are going out to a pub and then for karaoke afterwards again, should be loads of fun :o) Hahah yesterday after work was weird, Raj and I had like an hour long conversation about Harry Potter, religion, dreams, different dimensions, etc... It's amazing how Harry Potter can lead to such a variety of different topics! LOL. Anyway, I'm just procrastinating from filing by writing this completely random and not very interesting blog entry haha so I should probably get back to work!! Miss and love you all
Later days!
Then yesterday she was supposed to call me to let me know if her and Sarah (her Italian friend) were able to get tickets to "Mary Poppins" so that I could meet them after work to see it but I never heard from her and when I tried calling her phone was off... it turns out that her battery died! So they ended up seeing the show without me... I'll have to go some other time I guess! The two of them are really funny together though because neither of them speak english very well but they both speak different languages - one Portugese, the other Italian! On Tuesday the three of us went out for dinner at a pizza place down the street called "Pizza Rock". They played good music and the restaurant had a rock and roll theme, so the place mats were 12" records and the food was all named after famous rockstars (I had a Janis Joplin - mozza, ham, tomatoe, artichoke, and olives but I asked for no olives!). We were laughing all night because it was so hard for us to communicate effectively with each other - they kept asking me how to say things and I am a horrible english teacher LOL. Some concepts are really hard to explain to people...
Hopefully the next time we plan to do something everything works out!! Not sure what I'm doing this weekend yet, no plans so far. Hopefully the weather will be nice and I will do some more sightseeing - I just have to decide what I want to see! Anyway, tonight after work some of us are going out to a pub and then for karaoke afterwards again, should be loads of fun :o) Hahah yesterday after work was weird, Raj and I had like an hour long conversation about Harry Potter, religion, dreams, different dimensions, etc... It's amazing how Harry Potter can lead to such a variety of different topics! LOL. Anyway, I'm just procrastinating from filing by writing this completely random and not very interesting blog entry haha so I should probably get back to work!! Miss and love you all
Later days!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home