Saturday, August 12, 2006




Okay, I need opinions. The first photo is one I got off the internet (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/articles/22480622?source=Evening%20Standard) of Hugh Grant's house. The second photo is one I took today not too far from where I am living and also near the restaurant he supposedly eats at all the time... compare - they look like the same house right?? I think I found where he lives! (Not that I like Hugh Grant very much, but still exciting nonetheless haha).

So I went investigating for Wendy today - I went to the Baden Powell House hostel to check it out. I must say that it looks pretty nice, probably nicer than where I am living haha. I don't know that much about hostels but I'd recommend it and it is only one tube stop away from me! It is right next door to the Natural History Museum as well. You need a keycard to get into the wing where your room is so that is a nice security factor. Also, there is a water cooler on each floor. The room I looked at was a single but could also be a small twin because there is a pull-out bed hidden under the other bed. All rooms are air-conditioned (not that it will matter if they visit in November!) and all rooms have a TV and an en suite bathroom. Not very big but clean and somewhere to sleep at night. I didn't look into the room rates but I'm sure Wendy probably already looked into that online... Oh I almost forgot, continental breakfast is also included every day. Here are some photos I took: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IZuGzZm2asKS (there are some other random pics in there as well). Wendy - let me know if there is anything else you want to know that I might have found out but forgot to post here!

Some of the random photos include the area where I'm pretty sure Madonna lives while in London, I'm just not exactly sure which street she is on! haha. She lives in Mayfair and it is rumoured she lives on or around Connaught Square so that's where I went - sadly no Madonna sighting to tell you all about though!! Also, Prime Minister Tony Blair apparently lives on Connaught Square as well, among other famous and/or rich people. Mayfair is a really nice area - you can tell how ritzy it is though by the one photo I took of a fingerprint scanner on someone's door to get into their place!! Crazy. So I wandered down Oxford Street while I was over there and did some shopping (mostly window shopping though). I did buy a pair of shoes, nothing too exciting, just a pair of black flats. I also found a charm for my bracelet - it is a silver crown! I figured that was a good representation of London considering the Royal Family lives here :o)

Not sure what I am doing for the rest of the day yet as I have not heard from Candice (the Canadian who lives around here somewhere... not sure if I've mentioned her before). We were supposed to go shopping today, maybe I will try to give her a call. Other than that, I am meeting up with Susie and Louisa tonight to go to G.A.Y. - a gay club in Soho. Not the one we originally planned to go to but it should still be lots of fun! Plus, I found out on the internet that Madonna performed there in 2005 to promote her Confessions on a Dancefloor album!

Well I am sure I will probably blog again tomorrow night after the weekend is over! Love and miss you all

Later days!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

The link works fine on my computer... maybe try it again? Or copy and paste it into your browser? Let me know if you are still having problems!! Love you too!

11:17 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say the houses match, must be Hugh's! The first time I tried the shutterfly link it didn't work for me either, copy/paste also didn't work. I tried it again a few hours later and voila so Mae, try try again.
Heather, me thinks you're totally obsessed with Madonna!
Love, G&G

1:54 p.m.  
Blogger mikeandwendy said...

The hostel sounds perfect! The print off I have says that Adult prices are from 28 pounds per night and under 18 from 22 pounds per night. So, still not cheap, but cheaper than the Bed and Breakfasts I looked at that were around 180 Cdn a night. I will email them to confimr costs.

7:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home