More things I have learned…
- Ashlee Simpson is playing Roxy Hart in “Chicago” and she was in TGI Fridays on Monday as well but I didn’t see her there…
- It’s not called a curling iron, they are “tongs”
- My motion sickness seems to be getting better as I get older
- I am not a hostel person… I much prefer hotels
- If staying at a hostel, remember to bring a towel and shower shoes! (Needless to say I didn’t take a shower on Saturday… sketchy hostel ew)
- Most of the girls in the Red Light District in Amsterdam are apparently Eastern European students trying to pay their way through school
- All of the canals in Amsterdam are man made
- It is very easy to get lost in Amsterdam as everything tends to look the same, especially at night
- If you get hit by a bicycle in Amsterdam it is generally your fault because they have the right of way
- Our tour guide said that marijuana is not legal in Amsterdam, it is only tolerated… which I don’t understand considering they sell it there
- Dutch people eat mayo on their fries
- I am horrible at learning languages but I definitely would NEVER be able to learn Dutch!! Too many throaty, phlegmy sounds, and they seem to have way too many consonants in their words – never have I seen so many long words with random j’s in them!
- The milk for making Gouda cheese must be cooled to 29 degrees
- They used to use the stomach acid of baby cows to make the milk curdle but now they just use chemicals
- It should take a good clog maker about 1.5 hours to make a pair of clogs, but most are machine made nowadays
- The smoke from the clog machine is used to smoke cheese
- Belgian waffles are amazing especially when bought in Belgium!
- The countryside from France, through Belgium, and into the Netherlands is full of cows and sheep
- It takes way too long to drive/take the ferry to Amsterdam if you are only going for the weekend… probably better to try to get a flight
- Travel N Treats is not a very good tour company
That’s all I can think of at the moment!! More details about my trip and some photos to come later… xx

1 Comments:
I got your msg, and tried to call you back, but the polite lady with the british accent kept telling me you were on the phone! ;) Sorry we missed eachother. Miss you lots..hopefully we can chat soon!
Love, Kirsteen
Post a Comment
<< Home