A few more things I've learned:
- "Taking the piss" = making fun of someone
- "Goosing" = I think means grabbing someone's butt? Not really sure LOL
- A "toastie" is just a toasted sandwich
- I love how British guys call you "love" or "heart" and terms like that
- I don't like Portugese, especially when my roommate is basically yelling it into the phone... ugh
Well Thursday night a group of about eleven of us went out after work in honour of Zaheer. We started at The Telegraph Pub (surprise surprise haha) then went down to Brick Lane for some curry at a place called Cafe Naz. It was really good and I ate way too much as always! (Drank a little too, but not so much... I did have a headache in the morning though). It was a really fun night!
Last night a few of us went on a Guy Fawkes walk - admittedly not the best walking tour I've been on, but I mostly went on it to see the end... the fireworks!! So Michelle, her friend John, Karyna and I watched a fantastic fireworks display over Clapham Common and then headed to Leicester Square afterwards for some food and amazing dessert! Overall a great night! Apparently Guy Fawkes Day is celebrated all weekend haha seeing how it isn't actually until tomorrow :o) I’ve decided that it’s a good thing that I am not afraid of mice because you always see them around the tracks in the tube stations – however, waiting for my train to go home last night there must’ve been at least ten mice!! Ew definitely the most I’ve seen so far… Anyway, here is the link to my photos of the fireworks: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IZuGzZm2asWE¬ag=1 Random fireworks are going off as I write this… some of them sound too close for comfort eek!
Today I was very tempted to stay in bed and have a relaxed day, but I decided that since time seems to be going by fairly quickly and there are lots of things that I haven’t seen or done yet that I should get out! It was a really sunny and beautiful autumn day and it is also a Saturday so I decided to go check out Portobello Market (the stalls are only open on Saturdays). Only in London would a street market have stalls selling real furs LOL. It was also like the neverending market haha it just went on and on! Way too many people as always but it was a nice way to spend my afternoon :o) I wandered for a while looking at all the stuff and after a while started to feel hungry, so I stopped to eat a crepe!! SO GOOD! I had one with bananas, strawberries, and real whipped cream… mmm…. Shortly after that I bought an “I [heart] London” shirt that cost less than my crepe did LOL. I also bought the coolest pictures ever, I just have to figure out how to get them home haha. They are both scenes from “Pulp Fiction”, so cool! Here are my photos from the market: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IZuGzZm2asWm¬ag=1
I also had the bright idea to try to dye my own hair today LOL. Luckily I only managed to get a tiny amount of dye on my towel and the wall haha. However, I did dye almost my entire upper back!! The stupid part of that plan was that my bathroom is basically a closet so I almost suffocated myself with the fumes… yep I’m smart! Oh well I don’t think I missed any of my hair (hopefully) and it turned out okay – it needed to be done as it was becoming my natural color ew haha.
Well I have almost finished going through my Scotland photos so I will post the link for those tomorrow! I hope everyone is having a good weekend :o)
Later days!!

2 Comments:
Hey Heather its John... well actually Jon because its short for Jonathan and there is no h in my name. I thought I would pop on here now before i forget what the blog address was. Send me those pics when you get them downloaded.. and i promiss to do the same. jfuchser@hotmail.com
hope you got your poster home with no trouble and only a little embarrasement!!!!
cheers
J
You've got 'goosing' right!
Love,
G&G
Post a Comment
<< Home