
Photos of the front of Queen's Theatre where we saw "Les Miserables"! (Kimmie, Glenn - Jenna this is the guy who has met Denzel Washington - , and me) The other photo is the view from my window...
So what is new since I last blogged.... oh here are a few new things I've learned:
- it's not garbage, it's "rubbish"
- I do not wear pants because "pants" are men's underwear
- I find it almost impossible to understand Irish accents... which isn't going to be good because I have to call our office in Dublin fairly often!
- the weather here seems similar to Canada in terms of being like +35 degrees one day and you are melting, to being only +15 degrees and cloudy the next day so you have to wear a jacket!!
- My hair doesn't like it here - it looks like "rubbish" LOL
- I need to find a boyfriend like Sam - it is his girlfriend's 21st birthday today (same as Jenna - HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNA!!!!!) and he originally bought her a Gucci watch until he realized she already has one so now he is taking her to Paris for the weekend! And out for a really fancy dinner tonight! I told him that he should take me to Paris in October... ;o) He said I'd have to play my cards right haha
Anyway, the beginning of this week was pretty slow, nothing too exciting happened. On Tuesday Raj told me that I seemed to be settling in quite well so far, so that was nice to hear! Yesterday I met up with a few of the Americans after work and we went to see "Les Miserables" - which was amazing! The sets were immaculate and the singing was "brilliant". Plus, my ticket wasn't very good but the theatre was really small so I could see really well anyway and it was pretty cheap! There are so many other shows here I want to see if I have the money to do so... I definitely want to go to "The Lion King", and maybe "Wicked", "Evita" (because it's my all time fave musical)... and there are so many more! I could even go see Patrick Swayze in "Guys and Dolls"! I need to make a list at some point soon of things I want to see and do while I'm here so I can start checking them off and planning my time - especially because I only really have weekends to go out (except I can see plays during the week).
Sadly my American friends left early this morning to go to Paris. They are there for 10 days and then they go back to the US. Glenn said they are probably going to Disneyland while they are there and that I should come but I don't think it's worth the trip... I want to go to Paris at some point, and I would love to go to Disneyland there, but it would be better if I could take a Friday off or Monday so that I would have three days to spend there. Plus I might be going there to visit Harriet and Peter when they are in France... I have to look into that more.... It's also sad because Glenn was pretty cute! Oh well, just another excuse to go back to L.A. at some point LOL (that's where he is from, he just goes to school in Utah).
Some random things that happened today: my forehead started peeling where I burnt it along my hairline... not attractive haha. At least my neck never peeled and faded a bit, now I just have a lame looking tanline instead! I saw a guy at the tube station walking up the escalator almost wipe out - that would've hurt!! Also today on the tube on my way back from work I was hit on... normally I would've thought this guy was cute because of the British accent but he just wasn't very good looking and he was just talking about how he was going to get drunk... then he told me I should come to someone in North London (I don't remember where) so that he could "properly check me out" - ew how creepy is that?! Luckily he got off at the next stop! Oh and I thought I was going crazy today when I got back to my room in residence because I had been charging my camera battery and I unplugged the charger to put it away and realized the battery wasn't in it anymore. My first thought was that it was stolen because we had people come in our room today to clean our windows - but then I realized this was crazy because why would someone steal my camera battery but not anything else like my discman?? So I kept searching and finally found it inside my suitcase! No clue how that happened... I also saw a sign in a tube station for the Royal Academy of Arts saying that they are having a Modigliani exhibition and I thought of Maureen from my art class!! I'm going to have to go and take photos for her :o) (Maureen I don't know if you've been reading my blog or not... I'll email you later just in case you don't read this!).
Tomorrow after work I am supposed to be going to Kent to meet up with Susie and family at her friend Louisa's house. Hopefully I don't get completely lost or anything trying to get there!! I have to leave from Victoria Station, which is huge, and take a train there but Louisa is supposed to meet me at the station once I arrive so hopefully it will all go smoothly! Good thing I bought a "mobile" phone! It will be nice to see familiar faces! Then on Saturday they leave for a trip to Scotland... I wish I could go... Hopefully maybe one weekend while I am here I might be able to go on a short trip there! I think that would be a really fun place to visit. They must have some kind of bus tour I could go on... I'll have to look into that.
Well, that's all I can think of to write about right now!! I can't believe I've already been here for almost two weeks... I feel like I haven't seen or done anything yet! I really should make that list... Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. I miss and love you all!
Later days



5 Comments:
Hey Heath!
Thats pretty cool you got to see le miserable! fancy shmancy!! Im in a wee bit of a rush because i have to get ready for my tournament in kamploops, but i thought i would let you know that i miss ya and love ya. I will try to give you a call sometime..when..i dont know...but sometime....
LOVE YA
Kirsteen
Hi Heather,
positive feedback from Raj - that's great! I saw the Modigliani exhibit in Toronto a couple of years ago - think you'll appreciate it. As for your hair, it could just be a matter of time or trying different products (does it really look like garbage?). Have fun in Kent and may the next guy that hits on you be a whole lot more charming.
Be careful out there.
Love, G & G
Hey everyone!
I forgot to write a couple things:
- I'm pretty sure my roommate moves out next week some time... hopefully no one will move in immediately!
- I found out you can take the Eurostar train directly from London to Disneyland Paris (something to think about for my birthday ;o)
- I've learned that "you alright?" basically means "how are you?"
Kirsteen & Kayt: Right now I'm at work and I'm listening to the CD you made me... why did you put "Mandy" on it?? LOL. Not that I'm not a "Fanilow" but I was just trying to figure out if there was deeper meaning behind it at all... haha let me know!
Love and miss you all
Heather
XX
LOL check out this website: http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/whats-on-details-849.html
That is one thing that I'm NOT going to be participating in while I am here haha! Too funny
Hi Heather!!! It is AMY LOW! I miss you.I love your blog! It sounds like you ae doing just fine in London. Working, playing, eating "chips" and talking about "rubbish". Hahah! Wow. I am jealous. Take more pictures too. I am going to live through you these next months! London seems WAY more exciting then Rexburg, Idaho right now. Hey I have a boyfriend! His name is Layne Kotchell from B.C Canada! He is way cute and fun...I will send you a pic sometime. Anyways I should do some homework. I love you so much and please stay safe over there. -AMY
Post a Comment
<< Home