Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hello everyone!

I leave exactly 4 weeks from tomorrow... wow that is so soon and it still hasn't really sunk in yet that I am actually going to London! All the preparations are going alright so far *knock on wood* - I got my new passport and applied for my work visa, confirmed my accommodations, my flight is booked, and I went shopping with my mom for a couple new work outfits. I was hoping that Andre (the student who is currently there) would still be there when I arrived to train me but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen... I believe he is supposed to be emailing me a practice manual or something and calling me soon to go over a few things with me so hopefully that will help prepare me better for the job because it would be really stressful if I have to completely train myself how to do the job by reading manuals once I get there.

I have a few odds and ends left to buy, hopefully I won't forget to bring anything vital with me, and hopefully I'll be able to pack well so that everything I need/want to bring with me fits in two suitcases (we'll see how well that works out, I always overpack)!! And eventually I will have to tell my manager at my current job at Boston Pizza that I am quitting... I'll do that in a couple of weeks. I'm definitely excited but also nervous about the fact that I'm going overseas by myself for 5 1/2 months, so if any of you want to come visit me, please do! :o) I'm mostly nervous about the job itself though and the guy that I am going to be working for (he described himself as a "hard ass" and said he is demanding... sounds promising haha).

I really want to go see at least one Broadway play while I am there as well but there are so many playing that it is hard to decide which one! I think I have narrowed it down to either "Wicked" or "The Lion King" but we'll see what happens. And I wish I could go see Madonna in concert while I am there as well but the ticket prices are insane so that's not going to happen. Oh well, maybe I'll meet her on the street ;o) I'm hoping to see at least one famous person in the time I am there, what are the chances? Meeting Prince Harry would be nice.... LOL. I'll also be away during a lot of events as well - I bought a "Phantom of the Opera" ticket for here in Calgary to see it before I go away but now I have to try to sell the one I bought to see the show in Edmonton (the ticket is for Saturday, September 23rd, if anyone is interested!), Elton John is coming to Calgary in September and I can't go which sucks but oh well, I'll be away for my 21st birthday in October, and Christmas... but my family is planning to come visit around my birthday so hopefully that will work out. It should be quite the experience, which I hope is mostly positive (hey, maybe I'll find out that I really like the financial services industry... you never know).

Anyway, while I am away please post messages on this blog or email me so that I have some contact with my family and friends!! I will miss you all immensely!

Later days :o)

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Hey! That's awesome Heather. I'm sure it'll be a great trip, though hard at times. My two cents on the musicals: Lion King is basically the same as the movie, but you will be blown away by the costumes and sets. I haven't seen Wicked but I'm sure it'd be just as great (I really like the story & the music).

9:09 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
I am so excited for you but also will miss you so much, I wish I could come visit you. I will try if there are any chances to go visit. I know you are not leaving yet but I just wanted to let you know that I will miss you tons!!! but we will keep in touch, and I will "blog" you while you are gone!! Love Laura!!
p.s. e-mail me lots!!!

1:05 p.m.  
Blogger mikeandwendy said...

We'll miss you Heather! I'm glad you started the blog and I promise to read it faithfully - and comment too.

If there's any way I can get over to see you, I will. I'll be watching for those last minute seat sales.

Have fun and enjoy!

8:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home